The Disgaea Fan Forums  

Go Back   The Disgaea Fan Forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about movies, televisions shows, comics and books with people that probably don't care!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

Default TV Shows you watch?

I haven't actually sat down to watch TV in a long time, but after a lot (a whole lot) of badgering from my girlfriend to hook up cable in our room, we've started watching random shows here and there.

I love NCIS, I watched it before I decided TV was too expensive (about when I moved out of my parents house and didn't get free cable anymore). I watched around the second season Ziva was around. We've been watching it on the USA Network (I think), but they're mostly reruns. xD

Walking Dead is my drug. Literally. I have this in an IV for daily consumption.

For Dexter, we've kind of fallen off the band wagon, we really got tired of the same old THERE'S ANOTHER KILLER HOW IS HE GOING TO KILL THEM THIS TIME?!, but I think that'll wear off when we decide to sit down and actually finish watching the 5th season.

I used to LOVE house, but I got tired of him always having his little attacks on people and walking out like he's the best thing since sliced bread. What I liked about the shows was the medical mysteries!

AND THIS WEEKEND WE WATCHED THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL LIKE IT WAS OUR JOB AND LEARNED ALL ABOUT SOME HOLY STUFF FROM THE BIBLE AND WHAT HAVE YOU.

Tell me about your shows and addictions. :3
Cim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

I don't watch as much TV as I used to, I did get into Law & Order: SVU for a while, and NCIS these days does keep me entertained.

I do watch some things on G4TV, like Ninja Warrior, Attack of the Show, and X-Play when it interests me. I do miss some of their old shows, like Arena. It seems they haven't been getting as many game-specific shows as they once had, and have been falling into the old and "once was the big thing" category, like their whole "Movies That Don't Suck" thing showing the old Bruce Lee movies and such. I like the movies and all, but I can watch those at any time, I don't need a TV Channel to schedule them for me and add commercials in between.

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Dentarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

Another big thing that made me give up on TV was all the reality TV shows that were popping up. I'm so sick of hearing about so and so who wasn't famous before they ruined their lives and some how made money off of it.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cim View Post
Another big thing that made me give up on TV was all the reality TV shows that were popping up. I'm so sick of hearing about so and so who wasn't famous before they ruined their lives and some how made money off of it.
I'm sick of reality shows myself, I leave the room anytime I see someone turn the channel to one of those, if I want reality I'll go step outside like most normal individuals!

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Neo
Skilled
Average

I don't even have a TV. xD But while I'm at my parent's I like to watch How I met your Mother and... wait for it... The Nanny! Gosh, this one's so old and I watched every episode at least twice but it's still funny. I used to watch Dr. House, too, but it got boring after he changed his team.
I admit I also watch Germany's Next Topmodel with my mother.^^'
But we need him to pay for this place so I hereby reluctantly acknowledge him as the Overlord. For now.
He can get a lawn chair instead of his basket and one extra meal on sundays if he asks nicely.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
PVR Stage
Average
Incompetent

Anything from the Whedonverse (Buffy, Dollhouse, Angel, Firefly etc).

<3 Oh! and Misfits. I love Misfits more than Doctor Who o_O!
PVR Stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I loved Firefly! I didn't like the movie too much, though.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
PVR Stage
Average
Incompetent

Quote:
That's because everyone died !
PVR Stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

:C
Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

Quote:
You mean Serenity? My uncle's a big fan of the Firefly series, and he had gotten us into the whole thing a while back, I wasn't too thrilled with the movie either.

- D