The Disgaea Fan Forums  

Go Back   The Disgaea Fan Forums > Makai Wars > Disgaea 4

Disgaea 4 Follow Valvatorez as he and his friends lead a coup d??tat in the Netherworld!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

Default New Features in Disgaea 4! (Finally!)

Yes, it took me a while to finally get to writing this, but here I am, ready to inform you all on some of the newest features coming soon to a game console near you with Disgaea 4! Much of this does not have references yet and is still considered "rumor mill" material, but those that do have proof will have links attached to them! I will be posting highlights of this up on the main site later when I get around to that, but before anything else, I want to make sure everyone who's got access to the forums gets the first look here!

And so without further ado, a compilation of stuff included in Disgaea 4, coming soon!

Magichange - Will by default last 3 turns instead of 2 now, as if having the Magichange Club always in effect.

Damage Calculation - In the previous Disgaea games, Defense / Resist played almost no place in damage in mid-late game, this is now being changed to make the stats a lot more useful, as well as reflect some of the classes abilities.

Evilities - Much wider range of evilities to choose from compared to Disgaea 3, according to some "No having to wait between 2 class incarnations before getting your next evility!"

Giant Monsters / Monster Magichanging / Giant Monster Magichange - Monsters can not Magichange with each other to become a giant monster, which pushes people around and does much higher damage, do note that the one initiating the Giant Monster Magichange will NOT be the monster that becomes giant, it is the monster it is combining with. As well, you can actually Magichange the Giant Monsters too into Magichange weapons!

Fusion Skills - These were introduced in Disgaea 3 which allowed two attacks to be combined. These have been removed, sadly. This was done to promote more flashy, cinematic attacks.

Monsters & Evilities - Monsters can equip 3 evilities compared to humans who can only equip 2, making Monsters much more customizable!

(More to be added soon, as I realized it's already 12:12 AM here and I have work!)

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Dentarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

Can now or cannot become large monsters?
Cim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Mikoko
Good for Nothing
Good For Nothing

They CAN become giant monsters
Mikoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
theroninguy
Skilled
Average

So, the new feature is the magichange of giant monsters? to monsters?

--------
Like the Sand King of Chaos..

Time to bury some fools,
My tail, my claws,
Such good destruction tools!

My only way to live - KILLING
And enemies shall do my bidding,
But they go crazy, roll around, smearing.

I, the Sand King, will live forever,
But does that matter?
I will crush everything, As fast as the wind sever!

I am now AVERAGE! YES!!
theroninguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

It's the magichange from monsters to giant monsters.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

It's also the Magichanging of Giant Monsters to Giant Magichange Weapons!

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
PVR Stage
Average
Incompetent

When I saw the giant monster magic change I was like "WELL. Christ I didn't think that could get any more convoluted *squee*"
PVR Stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

I'll update this as soon as I am able, there's still a lot more for me to add. I am currently having some major renovations going on at my house and I'm currently on a laptop, so it may take me a bit to get back to the updates as I planned.

Apologies for the delay, everyone!

- D
Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

They understand, but I am confused and enraged.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
jotwo
Good for Nothing
Good For Nothing

I don't understand the map thing, can anyone explain it SIMPLY, (it took forever to understand geo squares and I STILL don't understand residents in items).
jotwo is offline   Reply With Quote