The Disgaea Fan Forums  

Go Back   The Disgaea Fan Forums > Makai Wars > Disgaea 4

Disgaea 4 Follow Valvatorez as he and his friends lead a coup d??tat in the Netherworld!

Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
228zip
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

Default Gameplay videos ?

I hear that Disgaea 4 is already out in Japan, does anyone know where I could find videos of it ? I'm not too good at reading japanese and those guys don't like to post videos on YT, so I have a hard time finding them.
I'm not talking about trailers, but actual gameplay videos.
228zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I'm sure that given enough time tonight I can find something for you! I'll check and let you know. I think we have one or two members from Japan here anyway.
Cim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

You can find a few good gameplay videos already on the Disgaea 4 Japan Website, I have a link to it on the front page already.

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Dentarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

YES!

I'm so glad you reminded people of the front site. I think they all just come here for the forum. :\
Old 06-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
Neo
Skilled
Average

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasekuchen View Post
YES!

I'm so glad you reminded people of the front site. I think they all just come here for the forum. :\
Honestly: Looking at your front page I totally understand why.
But we need him to pay for this place so I hereby reluctantly acknowledge him as the Overlord. For now.
He can get a lawn chair instead of his basket and one extra meal on sundays if he asks nicely.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

Are you being mean?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
Neo
Skilled
Average

Oh, gosh, where to begin...? I apologize in advance for not being very sensitive.

On my screen one third of the page is an ugly grey because the whole page is designed for just one screen width.
You cannot read what's inside the navigation titles.
Personally I think the design has something of late 90s. It's looks oldfashioned and amateurish. (Good thing you use divs rather than tables; that would have been fail.)
When the navigation list gets longer it hits the image of flonne and you cannot read the last three points.
The navigation is confusing and not user-friendly.
That hover effect on the navigation points - nice idea, failed execution.
The text is hard to read because it's so small. This goes especially for text in tables because it has this nasty purple background color. (This is goddamn 2011; you don't put whole text passages in tables, goddammit!)
Very little text. (other sites give WAY more information)

As a noob player I would want more explanations which your site doesn't give. As an experienced player the site wouldn't appeal to me because it looks dilettantish.

That's my opinion after 2 semesters web and interface design. So don't hold it against me. You might say it's my job to look at it that way.
But we can still be friends, right?
But we need him to pay for this place so I hereby reluctantly acknowledge him as the Overlord. For now.
He can get a lawn chair instead of his basket and one extra meal on sundays if he asks nicely.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I liked that grey! D: and I eventually gave up trying to code for 3-4 different browsers. I eventually gave up trying to center it, because I literally spent 2 weeks just trying to figure it out, only to have the text at the bottom fall out of center and never go back.
I can read it :\ but I knew there'd be a problem eventually
It looks amateurish because I'm self taught. xD I took a class on HTML in highschool but all that taught was MS FrontPage. Of course I used divs, tables were too confusing to teach myself.
I noticed the thing with Flonne, but I figured F it.
You really think it's small? What resolution are you at? I used to get statistics on what browser and resolution my viewers were using, but I can't find it any more. It used to be really big, so that's what I coded it for. :\
The only other sites that give information are general video game sites where people made a FAQ. I'm not quite dedicated enough to make a FAQ, so I did this.

If you have ideas on how to help fix these issues, Lemme know! :D

No harm done, someone had to tell me eventually :D
Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

Gotta hear it eventually, at least you know then that there's still some stuff to be done, right?

And with Disgaea 4 coming out soon, there will be a whole new section to work on too!

- D

EDIT: As far as the original topic goes, if you are curious of gameplay videos, try looking at the NIS America Forum's coverage of Disgaea 4, I haven't seen too much videos aside from the trailers and promos released from Japan, but you're of course welcome to give it a once-over.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=50

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Dentarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
Neo
Skilled
Average

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentarg View Post
And with Disgaea 4 coming out soon, there will be a whole new section to work on too!

- D
Shouldn't you make a Disgaea 3 section first? xD