The Disgaea Fan Forums  

Go Back   The Disgaea Fan Forums > Makai Wars > Disgaea

Disgaea Journey throughout the Netherworld to claim your rightful title as Overlord.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Lord Zetta
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

Default Thieves - worst class or best?

We should all know Disgaea's thieves and how awesome they are capable of being, but how pitiful they start out at! When you get a level one Thief, you are dealing with a character who has terrible stats all around. However through stat stealing, leveling up, and transmigration, thieves can become one of the best and most handy classes around!

A few tips:

get level 10 in Sword use ASAP, even if you you have to transmigrate a swordmaster into a thief to get there. LVL 10 Sword Tech is an absolute must for leveling and crowd control.

Consider having your future thief spend some time as both a healer and mage, so that you can have access to healing and attack magic when needed.

ALWAYS be on the lookout for good items to steal, and don't forget about stealing stats to improve your weakest areas.

Consider having your thief be the master of a high defense class character, like a galactic demon. Your thief will get some pretty decent defense boosts thanks to the pupil bonus.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Dark Hope
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

actually using a thief as a combat character is a bad idea. They have NO counter attack ability (a max of 1 only if you raise it in the assembly), and leveling a stat by stealing is WAY slower than X-migration AND item leveling, at a pitiful 10-20 stat points per steal compared to easily thousands of stat points per minute doing either of the latter two methods.

HOWEVER, I do have a lv.9999 thief for the stealing capability. A lv.9999 thief with his hit rating raised should ALWAYS have a 99% chance of stealing ANYTHING (even a max difficulty prinny baal), so it's an obvious choice to have at least one of these guys maxed at lv.9999 at all times.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
blackxcrowdy
Average
Incompetent

they sucks
Old 04-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I've only ever used on in Disgaea 3.
Cim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #5
SPiV
Good for Nothing
Good For Nothing

i would like a good thief but cant seem to level one up good any help
SPiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Master
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

combo with a high level character against high level characters......should get 'em up there fairly quick

btw...when i say high level im talking 7500 plus

even though the user i am talking too hasnt accessed since september of 2009 and asked the question in May
ib dum, yes indeed
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
Dentarg
Average
Demon Lord
Incompetent

My own thieves (Yes, I have two) do well as a tag team. Thieves do make for good bonus-grabbers if you use them right with guns. Mine have Totenkreuz and Inferno which make for some heavy damage, considering it's a pair thieves we're talking about.

If I team them up with my scout, it can really be a slaughter.

- D
Overlord Azameth (Skull of many colors): 2x Level 9999 Skull in Disgaea 3 (Currently Star!)
Overlord Ackwelan (The Ancient Lich): Level 3450 Samael (Tier 5 Death) in Disgaea 3.
Overlord B'Graal (Dread Knight of Gulgotha): Level 2003 Omega Sentinel (Tier 6 Majin) in Disgaea 3.
Dentarg is offline   Reply With Quote