The Disgaea Fan Forums  

Go Back   The Disgaea Fan Forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Talk about movies, televisions shows, comics and books with people that probably don't care!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Puyon
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

Default Web Comics

So, who here reads webcomics? Who here writes webcomics?
I happen to do both. In case anyone is interested, here is the list of comics that I follow.

Pebble Version: A Pokemon Sprite comic made by Josiah Lebowitz. Set in the Hoenn region.
Realm of Monsters: A fantasy world that has monsters! A similar system to that of Pokemon. The comic is drawn and written by Samantha 'Shauni' Lowe
Dhark's Hero School Comics: Aaaanother fantasy comic. A school for heroes! Lots of Magic! Tricksters! Gods! Guardians! Immortals! It has everything! Random Encounter and New Game written by Merlin Missingham
MSF High: Another school that trains heroes! Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and transformations! Art by Aakashii, Story by Wraith! I do not know their real names.
High School Changed Me!: Kinda Sorta a prequel to MSF High. Written by Wraith, Art done my Merlin Missingham.
Flipside: I will not link to this comic. It's like... Fantasy, Romance (kinda sexual), with a dose of horror! TWC rates it R, but really, it's PG-13 according to the author/artist Brion Foulke.
Brawl in the Family: A comic for gamers! Mainly Nintendo! Comics by Matthew Taranto. Creative Consultant, Legal/Store/Tech Guy Chris Seward.
Slightly Damned: A Fantasy/Drama/Action/Romance comic! With everything from Hell, Heaven, and just about anything in between that! Comic by "Chu"... I don't know her name either!
So... You're a Cartoonist?: The frustrating life of an artist! Comic by Andrew Dobson!

Huh, a lot of these comics are currently on hiatus.

Comic that I write:
Price of Manipulation: A comic that only started a month ago and is already on hiatus due to personal reasons. It's a Disgaea Fan Comic by Rhiannon Perez-Crooks. Go ahead and read the few pages that are out. But I warn you, I wrote them.
Puyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Akuhei
Distinguished
Vassal
Skilled

The only one I've ever actually followed was 8-Bit Theater. I had a passing interest in Brawl in the Family, though. It never caught on with me.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I read three web comics by the same people: Least I Could Do, Looking for Group and The Gutters. They're really good and you should google them because I can't be assed to post links for you.

I also follow Dr. McNinja and Terminal Lance.
Cim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Puyon
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

I would have included 8-bit Theater on my list, I did follow it (started following it when I was... 8.), but since it's done now, It hardly counts as one that I am following.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

I've heard about 8-Bit Theater a few times, but I've never bothered to go.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Puyon
Incompetent
Good For Nothing

Y-you freaking ninja'd my post.
Anywho, 8-bit Theater is rather lengthy. But I still recommend it.
I'll google up those other ones later. I can't stay up all night reading comics again.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

If you check them out, you'll probably do what I did and spend 2-3 days reading them from start to finish. XD
Old 09-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #8
Akuhei
Distinguished
Vassal
Skilled

I'd recommend 8 bit to anyone, especially FF fans, of course. I might try to re-read it at some point because it was amazing.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Cim
Genius
Tyrant Overlord
Genius

When/Why did it end?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
Akuhei
Distinguished
Vassal
Skilled